Popular Posts

Trivia For The Day

Being a Mom!

I was watching my one-year-old son played the other day. He can walk alone now and make the things he wanted to do. Upon seeing him like that, all the sacrifices and difficulties that I had experienced in the past two years made me realized that my life was totally changed -  from a simple girl to a real woman. And not just a real woman but a proud mom.

At 6 o'clock in the morning, I was already awake. I always make it a point that I prepared all the necessary things - from clothing, diapers, feeding bottles, and snacks. After that, I fed my son with his favorite breakfast - rice with soup. And at 7 o'clock, he was already bathed. After I had done all of these, that was the only time that I can prepare myself for my work.
















If my schedule permits me to go home early, I spend the rest of my time with my son. We played. We chatted. And we danced. If it is time to go to bed, I tucked him in. When my son was already asleep, I continued doing the things that I needed to attend to.
            
This is my daily routine - taking care of my son and going to work. Sometimes, I was trying to figure out how I could amidst all the work and other things that seemed to be happening all at the same time. I was at such a loss on how to manage everything. I have a hard time saying 'no', so things can really tend to pile up! I was the ultimate multi-tasker. I always remain poised despite all the stress. And so I thought to be a mom - a working mom - plus keeping all my other involvements and interest was a piece of cake.

Being a mom is the most stressful job that you can think of. It always entails the most time and effort - and learning! I thank God with all my heart for giving me the support system that I need in able to manage to do all these. "Do not carry the burdens you were never intended to bear," based on Psalm 23. Sometimes we like to take a lot of things, especially as moms. Having worrisome thoughts maybe even more of a burden than doing physical tasks. Often, there is a need to unload some in order to really focus on what is important.
              
Obviously, I have to swallow my pride in admitting that I cannot do something or everything, but I guess it's the only way to truly prioritize what matters most - being a mom.
              
Truly, mothering is all about selflessness. I have to learn to give up many things for my child, from shopping to having a slim body and even my personal opinions amidst all the advice I get about how I should raise my child.
              
In the end, even if it may be a burden at times, mothering is what we moms were really intended to take on. We just need to focus on today - with God's help - so we are not filled with more anxieties about the  'far-away' future.